June 8, 2015

Track 1: I Just Came To Say Hello

Where to start...
Well, um, hi, I'm Annabeth! (I guess I'll start there) I'm slightly awkward, really random and ... weird. We'll just leave it at that. I'm also a bookie, a person who dedicates time to books (I have a blog, by the way, it was my first blog, check it out here). I also love music, rock is my favorite. (Bear with me here, the rest of the ride isn't as dull.)

Which has brought me to tell you, my life is a mix. An awesome mix. It's filled with songs about ups and downs, mythological references, and occasionally love (which is an awkward word I don't mention much). I'll occasionally tell you a weird story, and the title will always have to do with a song, and I'll give you my favorite song of the week.

So, hi.
To get us started, I'd like to tell you a story about:
THE TIME MY SCHOOL EXPLODED.
Sounds fun, huh? Sort of.

It started one sunny, really boring second period. Science. Yay.
:/
Science isn't my favorite, but it isn't the worst. (Social studies takes that prize.)
We were sitting relatively peacefully in the computer lab rolling around in the seriously awesome rolly chairs, when the fire alarm went off. We thought it was just a drill at first. But, the school never really pulled the fire trigger when there was lunch going on, and some kids were having lunch. So my friend Connor and I assumed some idiot had pulled the fire trigger.
Then we got outside.

We stand in straight lines in front of the school, like normal, doing Roll call and all of that. Then the teachers tell us to sit down, so we figured we might be there for a couple more minutes.
Nope.
Just when we get real comf there on the grass, we hear this huge bang. Like, really really big. Some of us thought that it was a gunshot and screamed, but I TOTALLY wasn't one of those people...

But you can hear one kid in the distance scream out:
"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!"
We all just gave him the death look.
So, now we know that part of our school had just exploded.
You think that that's the end and we just peacefully sit there for a couple of minutes and go inside? You really are adorable.
:)

A teacher directs us to the bus lanes behind the school and onto the back fields joining the high school and middle school.
We walked down to the football field, got on the bleachers, and sat.
And then the principal walked out in front of the bleachers and gave us a talk.
"We might be out here for a while."
I'm interrupting this statement to tell you we were out there for over five hours.
"The cafeteria ladies are bringing out some food."
Cold hot dogs and nacho cheese? Nice.
"So just sit tight while we get everything under control."
I don't think that our principal is aware that we're sitting out in over 80 degree weather (in the middle of winter) with over two hundred kids in crowded bleachers who can't sit still than more than a minute.
Sit still.
Sure.
;)

Fast forward to about 4 hours later. We're all sunburned, and there's a huge line of parents coming to check on their kids. Some of us get checked out, and others, had to wait until bus call.
Next day, everyone is sunburned and red and we figure out that the transformer had exploded. For those of you who don't know what a transformer is, it's somewhat of an energy source, so our power went out.
And that, is how my school exploded.
Moral of the story? Carry sunscreen around. World problems solved. Boom.
:)

Weekly Song: Links below are attachments to videos..all kid appropriate, promise.
Two Princes-Spin Doctors
Post Song:
I Just Came to Say Hello-Martin Solveig et Dragonette

Have a great week guys!

No comments: